Western vibes, mountain views, and plenty of nature await. Pack a cooler, lace up your hiking boots, and get ready to discover the great outdoors of Napa Valley's northernmost town.
- Start the day off by checking out Sam’s General Store, which opened up last fall at Brannan Cottage Inn. You can order online ahead of time, or grab a coffee and breakfast bites to go. We highly recommend the everything avocado toast!
- Up for some morning meditation? Head over to Indian Springs Resort for a quiet walk and a meditative moment in the labyrinth. The labyrinth is off by itself (before you reach the hotel property, in between Merchant’s Gallery and the first block of rooms) and there is a small entrance cut in the bushes.
- Ready to see some epic views? It’s time to head up Mount St. Helena and hike the Oat Hill Mine Trail. Oat Hill Mine Trail is a 14 mile out and back that features beautiful fall foliage and amazing views of the valley all along the way. The terrain can get rocky, and the full hike is long, so make sure you have your hiking boots, water, and sunscreen.
- All that nature works up an appetite, and a trip to Calistoga isn’t complete without a taste of the iconic Buster’s BBQ. Order up a platter (don’t forget plenty of napkins!) and take it two blocks up to Pioneer Park for a picnic in the shade, or relax and eat your BBQ on the shaded patio, where there's live music every weekend.
- Wine time! You've earned your sips. Venture off the beaten path to Hans Fahden Winery and enjoy a patio tasting in the secluded garden. This experience will include a tasting of five current release wines and is served with a locally sourced sampling of charcuterie and cheeses.
- After heading back downtown, take the opportunity to enjoy the slower pace of life and stroll along downtown Calistoga's main corridor for some boutique shopping. Calistoga's local retailers are back in business and excited to welcome you for a bit of retail therapy. If you're in need of a post-wine pick-me-up, pop into Soul Rebel Coffee.
- It’s time to rest those legs and enjoy a cozy dinner. Peruse a list of Calistoga restaurants, or stop and get takeout from Calistoga Inn and Brewery on your way out of Calistoga. Don’t forget to get a couple of growlers so you can treat yourself to a pint (or two, you’ve earned it) with dinner.
- Let's face it- one day just isn't long enough to soak up all those cool Calistoga vibes. Make it a staycation and spend the night at Dr. Wilkinson's, which just unveiled a brand new look along with a new Southwestern-themed restaurant, House of Better.
Looking to make it a weekend? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Calistoga, a three-day itinerary that takes you off the beaten path and to favorite hidden gems around the town.