Director of Business Development
Posted: April 2021
Summary: The Director of Business Development will oversee business development and sales for Visit Napa Valley by developing and managing relationships with travel trade and group customers worldwide. You will be responsible for developing, deploying, and sustaining business development strategies in global markets. Success in this role will hinge on growing and inspiring a team to successfully funnel business to VNV Partners via conference, group and luxury tourism travel channels. You will focus not only on work product and process, but also successful and positive relationship development both inside and outside the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and evaluate business development plan and efforts.
- Evaluate past sales team processes and use your experience in successful business development and project management to suggest, develop and implement new ones.
- Train, mentor and evaluate the Business Development team.
- Develop and propose incentives, inspire results and analyze performance.
- Effectively manage projects and initiatives.
- Manage business development efforts with consumer, trade and group customers in a hand-on and thoughtful manner.
- In collaboration with the Visit Napa Valley marketing team ensure pull-through of brand messaging through all touch points.
- Oversee statistical database, reporting systems, performance measures and operating budget.
- Locate, compile and present relevant data reports.
- Manage and maintain Simpleview CRM with clean and accurate data.
- Become proficient in consumer, partners, meeting sales, tour/travel and events modules to maintain consistency across all organization functions.
- Track information for follow up and partner benefit data integrity.
- Provide monthly metrics outlining the lead generation, definite bookings and sales activity of market segments.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s to evaluate ROI; track and communicate results on a regular basis to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Visit Napa Valley partners to be familiar with product and services available to all customers.
- Develop and manage relationships with target International & Domestic trade organizations (Visit CA, SF Travel, Virtuoso, Signature Travel Network, etc.) to design and implement domestic & international tourism sales, strategies and budget for group and leisure travel.
- Work with them to collect market research and keep departments informed of trends and opportunities.
- Identify existing markets and develop new markets in the conference and group industry and create sales opportunities for VNV partners.
- Develop and coordinate live and/or virtual events for luxury leisure, tour operators, product manager, travel agents and meeting planners; to include familiarization trips, webinars and other events.
- Effectively communication with Partners, Staff and Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department, stakeholders and partners to ensure cohesive messaging and that the Napa Valley is always presented and positioned in an appropriate manner.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all Napa Valley hotel facilities and services providers within the Napa Valley.
You love developing relationships and are able to build connections with people at all levels. You have extensive experience selling a destination or a brand, not a product. You are a data-driven, experienced business leader who can sort through the ambiguity and abundance of information and data to find and effectively communicate key metrics and relevant statistics and facts. You are a people person who empathizes easily with and inspires others.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of experience in sales and partnerships and/or business development within the Napa Valley.
- Thorough knowledge of the travel industry to effectively target key markets with measurable results. Experience with the hotel industry is a must.
- Destination Marketing Organization or Association experience preferred.
- Expertise in data analysis, translating robust data into summaries to be reported out at regular intervals to stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated history of building relationships with internal stakeholders and external partner organizations.
- Proven track record of developing and managing successful B2B relationships.
- Proven success in developing teams and championing a positive and inclusive culture.
- Earn trust across a range of levels and disciplines to establish yourself and the team as a trusted partner.
- Connect and inspire people to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
- Proven ability to manage projects and process in a positive and time sensitive way.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communications and presentation skills.
- Superb judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Technically savvy.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Apply: Qualified candidates may Apply for this job online.
Guest Experience Manager
Posted: July 2021
Summary: The Guest Experience Manager oversees and supports the day-to-day operations of the Napa Valley Welcome Center including retail operations and concierge services. The Guest Experience Manager is an ambassador responsible for providing exemplary guest concierge service to visitors at the Napa Valley Welcome Center while facilitating guest experience and engagement through innovative digital encounters.
The ideal candidate will be friendly and professional and have a passion for guest engagement and the Napa Valley.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a brand ambassador for on-premise brand experience at the Napa Valley Welcome Center.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of Partner and Guest Experience in the positioning and branding of Napa Valley within the Welcome Center platform.
- Train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate Napa Valley Welcome Center staff.
- Manage Welcome Center performance in guest services, staffing, guest data collection, partner referral, retail operations, and the implementation of health and safety protocols in public areas.
- Daily oversight of opening and closing procedures, coordinate breaks and lunches, providing coverage personally as necessary.
- General office and CRM database responsibilities, including reporting.
- Maintain facility operations.
- Serve as the first point of contact for any escalated visitor or employee complaints, issues, or questions. Take appropriate action where necessary regarding access or safety issues in the Welcome Center including notifying the Sr. Manager of Partner and Guest Experience.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly sales and demographic reports in a timely manner.
- Schedule and execute monthly meetings with Welcome Center staff and Sr. Manager
- Support retail operations and cross-train on associated functions.
- Together with the Sr. Manager of Partner and Guest Experience, manage events held at the Welcome Center; including scheduling, set-up, staff management, clean up, etc.
- Act as concierge to provide information to visitors regarding Napa Valley hotels, wineries, local activities & attractions, the Napa Valley region and any other pertinent guest inquiries - with an emphasis on strategic recommendations based on guest needs and stakeholder interests, utilizing a variety of platforms
Requirements – Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills delivered in a friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrated passion for providing a high level of customer service.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and diplomacy in all Visit Napa Valley related matters.
- Tech savvy is a must; with the ability to continue to drive innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with culturally diverse audiences of varying ages.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, management, partners and the general public.
- A team player, flexible, fun, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Willingness and ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have a passion for food and wine.
- Confident public speaker.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Multilingual fluency is always a benefit
- Must be available to work weekends, and have flexible hours throughout the week.
- This is a hands-on, floor based position requiring the ability to comfortably stand and talk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Requirements – Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in a management role; preferably in a tasting room.
- Experience in inspiring and motivating staff rather than supervising is critical.
- Experience in the Napa Valley hospitality industry; knowledge of the Napa Valley wine and/or tourism industry.
- Experience creating and generating reports to reflect performance and analytics.
- Experience representing a luxury brand through customer service is preferred.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred; with area of study in the realm of hospitality or marketing.
Apply: Qualified candidates may send resume and cover letter to HR@VisitNapaValley.com.