Get outside and off-the-beaten-path in the city you think you already know.
- Stop by Sweetie Pies Bakery for a coffee and a hearty egg sandwich- you’ll need to fuel up for a big day of adventure!
- Enjoy a scenic drive to Skyline Park for a peaceful morning hike or bike ride. Skyline Park features 25 miles of multi-use trails for various skill levels, as well as the Martha Walker Native Habitat Garden, which invites visitors to enjoy a unique presentation of flora from all over the state.
- Time to relax with a delicious picnic paired with award-winning wines at Ashes & Diamonds. The carefully curated contact-free A&D Picnic can be enjoyed on rolling grass berms or at one of the outdoor tables. Individually prepared snacks include an ample assortment of house-made mezze, focaccia, charcuterie and crudités, paired with your separate purchase of one or more bottles.
- Next, head downtown to explore the Napa Art Walk. Founded in July 2010 by the city and Arts Council Napa Valley, the Art Walk has hosted a rotation of 61 sculptures by 50 creators along some of Napa’s busiest corridors. They form a walking tour meant to bring shoppers downtown. As you explore the public art, be sure to stop into a few local boutiques in Downtown Napa for a bit of retail therapy.
- Or, if you’re up for more outdoor adventure, rent a kayak or paddleboard and cruise the Napa River. Napa Valley Paddle is open and has SUP boards and kayaks available to rent.
- It’s time for dinner! You’ve probably tried many of the restaurants downtown, so head over to Browns Valley and try Hop Creek Pub, a local hidden gem that serves up yummy California comfort food. Try the black & blue burger or the chicken pesto sandwich. Or, check out a full list of Napa restaurants open for dine-in and pick something new.
- You've had such a great day exploring Napa, you're likely not ready to leave quite yet. Treat yourself to a home-away-from-home luxury staycation at Carneros Resort & Spa, which is offering special rates for locals for a limited time.
Looking for more ways in Napa to get your post-quarantine steps in? Check out our blog on 10,000 Steps in Napa.
Dreaming of a summer getaway without going too far away?
Now’s your chance to enter to win a Napa Valley Staycation! You and a guest will be treated to the full Napa Valley experience — a two-night stay at Vista Collina Resort, inclusive of a picnic breakfast basket with a bottle of sparkling wine on the Vineyard Terrace, wine tasting for two at Trinitas Cellars, and dinner for two at Olive & Hay; plus a tour and tasting for two at Inglenook Winery; Gourmet Express lunch for two on the Napa Valley Wine Train; a gift certificate for $200 to Coqueta; and a Mercantile 12 Napa Valley gift tote packed with local goodies.