Rediscover the art of passeggiata as you stroll and soak up local culture in Napa Valley’s culinary capital.
- Start by grabbing a coffee and a few sweet treats to-go at Bouchon Bakery, because a Yountville adventure isn’t complete without a little taste of Thomas Keller gourmet.
- Next, explore the Yountville Art Walk. Coffee in hand, stroll from one end of town to the other on a two-hour walking tour that includes a fun and colorful scattering of 29 sculptures. You can check out a printable Art Walk map here.
- Continue on foot to French Laundry Culinary Garden, located across the street from the famous Michelin-star restaurant. Walk the meticulously manicured garden rows, check out the seedlings in the greenhouse, and visit with the chickens- it’s totally free and a wonderful way to experience the terroir to table philosophy of Napa Valley up-close.
- Hungry? Head to AdHoc for a bucket of chicken (remember to order a day ahead of time), a bottle of wine, and some yummy picnic provisions packed to-go.
- Take your picnic haul to nearby Veterans Park for a picnic in the shade.
- Next, keep on strolling to the Yountville Veterans Home, where you can explore the little-known Tree Walk (a guided experience is normally available, but you can also do the Tree Walk on your own anytime). Or, head over to Napa Valley Bike Tours and rent a bike to cruise around Yountville for a couple of hours. Bikes are available by appointment for curbside pickups.
- Roll or walk on over to Girard's downtown tasting room for afternoon sips. Showcasing hand-crafted wines and an artisanal approach to winemaking, the tasting experience includes current-release wines as well as seasonal selections. Relax in the rustic tasting room or outside on the patio and soak in the beautiful fall scenery.
- It’s dinner time, and you’ve certainly earned a proper meal. Luckily, you're in Napa Valley's culinary capital, and there's no shortage of amazing eats. Browse a list of Yountville restaurants, or if you're in the mood for takeout hit up R&D Kitchen for some classic Napa Valley cuisine and top it off with a couple of craft cocktails to-go.
Want to see more of Yountville? Lace up those sneakers and check out our blog on 10,000 Steps in Yountville.