- Gourmet Foods:
$110 Wine Tour Join us on a fun, small-group wine tour of the Spectacular Napa Valley!
You’ll visit four charming, backroads wineries and be served a picnic lunch in an idyllic winery setting. Your tour guide will tell fascinating stories and share many interesting tidbits about local history, culture and wine making.
This is not a smarmy or touristy activity. Our specialty is intimate, light-hearted and truly memorable. This tour is sure to entertain with a very approachable and easy-going style. Discover and savor new experiences tasting some of the world’s most celebrated wines. Our typical guest is not necessarily a wine expert but keen to learn a bit about wine and wine-making, and is open to sharing the experience with a few other like-minded wine adventurers.
Here are the features:
• Your tour of intimate wineries is crafted for you by your Platypus tour guide
• Our long-standing relationships with many wineries result in enhanced tasting experiences for our guest
• It’s a small group tour on a shuttle bus with limo-style seating (10-12 guests, usually)
• We actively negotiate with wineries on behalf of our guests to keep tasting fees reasonable
• Your guide will set up a tasty picnic lunch for you at a picturesque winery
• Pick-up and drop-off from local area hotels is included.
• We serve a shared cheese & cracker platter and plenty of water on board
• We can accommodate vegetarian, gluten-free and most other diet restrictions
We also offer private tours for social, corporate, team-building and incentive groups
We’ll help you make the most of your precious time in the Napa Valley!
Please check out our reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp, Facebook and Google
Platypus offers daily, guided wine tours of Napa Valley. Our specialty is smaller, non-touristy, more remotely located wineries.
This tour is crafted to be our version of an idyllic day of wine tasting in the wine valley countryside and includes:
Visits to intimate, historic and/or family-owned wineries
Tastes of some of the (absolutely delicious!) world-class wines this region has to offer
A charming and quite tasty picnic lunch, which we will serve to you on the grounds of one of the wineries
Cheese platter and plenty of bottled water, served on board the bus
Stories and background of the wineries, and local lore
Shared experience with other fun people who are interested in learning about wine, and personable, informed driver/tour guide who will bring it all to life for you.
Tours go out pretty much every day. Please be sure to call for availability. Picnic lunch and shared cheese platter are included, but winery tasting fees are not.