Who doesn’t love a farmers’ market? And, if you’re visiting the Napa Valley, there’s no better opportunity to sample wine-country living at its friendliest and most casual. Chances are, if you’re a short-term visitor staying at a hotel, you don’t need bushels of fresh produce. But don’t let that stop you — there’s so much more to see, buy, and do. In addition to fresh fruits, veggies, and seafood, there’s an abundance of handmade gift items, prepared foods, clothing, fragrances, household goods, jewelry, and more. Plus you’re supporting local artisans and the local economy. Win-win, right?
Here are a few things to do at our farmers markets besides squeezing tomatoes:
- Buy coffee and pastries for breakfast al fresco.
- Listen to some mellow live music.
- Bring the kids for activities like face-painting, story-time, and performances.
- Watch a cooking demonstration.
- Buy a hostess gift or bouquet.
- Stock up on hand-made holiday gifts.
- Pick up some picnic supplies for lunch.