6 Top Shopping Spots in Napa Valley
June 21, 2018
When you're compiling an itinerary for your visit to the Napa Valley, be sure to leave plenty of time for shopping. From Napa at the southern end to Calistoga at the north, there are countless markets, shops, boutiques, and galleries to browse. Here are a few to consider:
- Oxbow Public Market – a contemporary market hall with a wide assortment of food purveyors and a few merchants of home goods. It's a great place to land for a bite to eat between shopping excursions. Open 10am to 9pm daily.
- Riverfront Shops – just across the Napa River from Oxbow and include several blocks of elegant stores selling men's and women's fashion, lifestyle products, household items, and bicycles. The Napa Valley Welcome Center even has a Mercantile of its own. Hours vary.
- Yountville's V Marketplace – an old brick winery structure dating from 1870 that now houses several levels of charming shops, from clothing and hats to lingerie and chocolates. Open daily from 10am to 5:30pm. Wander across Washington Street for more shopping options.
- St. Helena's Main Street – like a page from the past, with vintage buildings fronted by leafy trees. But behind those doors await elegant shops selling art, antiques, jewelry, luxury home goods, and elegant clothes from casual to formal. Hours vary.
- Calistoga's Lincoln Avenue – a funkier version of St. Helena, but just as fun. Shop here for men's and women's fashion, art, home goods, and bath/body products. Calistoga is also known for its excellent selection of vintage and thrift shops. Hours vary.
- Napa Premium Outlets – an easy-to-navigate complex of outlet stores, most of them well-known fashion labels like J. Crew, Banana Republic, Coach, Kate Spade, Gap, Guess, Levi's, Ralph Lauren Polo, Michael Kors, and more. Hours are generous – open 10am to 9pm (7pm on Sundays), so this is a good option to leave for after other shops have closed.
Wherever you land, you're sure to find the perfect gift or memento to celebrate your visit to the Napa Valley. Happy shopping!