As one of nine recognized Great Wine Capitals, San Francisco | Napa Valley has awarded its hospitality leaders the 2018 Best Of Wine Tourism regional designations in seven categories.
The Best Of awards categories include accommodations; art and culture; architecture and landscape; innovative wine tourism experience; sustainable wine tourism practices; wine tourism restaurant; and wine tourism services.
The 2018 Best Of regional San Francisco | Napa Valley winners are:
- Accommodations – Napa River Inn (Napa Valley)
- Art and Culture – The Hess Collection (Napa Valley)
- Architecture and Landscape – Davis Estates (Napa Valley)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience – Shadybrook Estate Winery (Napa Valley)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Etude Wines (Napa Valley)
- Wine Tourism Restaurant – Napa Valley Wine Train (Napa Valley)
- Wine Tourism Service – Napa Valley Wine Trolley (Napa Valley)
An additional level of recognition – The Regional Wine Tourism Award of Merit – has been awarded to four businesses as an honorable mention recognizing a high level of commitment to wine tourism. The 2018 Regional Wine Tourism Award of Merit San Francisco | Napa Valley winners are:
- Accommodation – Las Alcobas (Napa Valley)
- Architecture and Landscape – Vineyard 29 (Napa Valley)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience – St. Supery Estate Vineyards & Winery (Napa Valley)
An international Best Of award is presented to one wine tourism business within each region that is deemed best in class across all nine Great Wine Capitals by an international jury.
All regional Best Of award winners will move forward to compete for the global awards, which will be judged by an international panel of respected wine tourism professionals and presented at the annual general meeting of the Great Wine Capitals Global Network, to be held in November 2017 in Valparaiso, Chile. The international judges will choose one overall winner for each region, selecting from the seven regional “Best of” title-holders.