Napa Valley, CA (Nov. 16, 2018) – As one of ten recognized Great Wine Capitals, San Francisco | Napa Valley has awarded its hospitality leaders the 2019 Best Of Wine Tourism regional designations in six categories.
The Best Of awards categories include accommodations; architecture and landscape; innovative wine tourism experience; sustainable wine tourism practices; wine tourism restaurant; and wine tourism services. An international Best Of award is presented to one wine tourism business within each region that is deemed best in class across all ten Great Wine Capitals by an international jury.
The 2019 Best Of regional San Francisco | Napa Valley winners are:
- Accommodations – Calistoga Motor Lodge & Spa (Calistoga)
- Architecture and Landscape – Trinchero Napa Valley (St. Helena)
- Innovative Wine Tourism Experience – Sequoia Grove Winery (Napa)
- Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – St. Supéry Estate Vineyards and Winery (Rutherford)
- Wine Tourism Restaurant – Acacia House (St. Helena)
- Wine Tourism Service – Laces and Limos (Napa)
All regional Best Of award winners competed for the global awards, which were judged by an international panel of respected wine tourism professionals and presented at the annual general meeting of the Great Wine Capitals Global Network, held in November 2018 in Adelaide, South Australia. The international judges chose one overall winner for each region, selecting from the six regional “Best of” title-holders. St. Supéry Estate Vineyards and Winery was named the Global Winner for San Francisco | Napa Valley.