March 16, 2015, Napa, CA – The Fifth Annual Napa Valley Arts in April is just around the corner, when the valley showcases its wealth of art and artists from American Canyon to Calistoga. Featuring works that span artistic disciplines, genres and decades, Napa Valley Arts in April offers an artistic feast of exclusive events, openings and exhibits throughout the entire month.
Week one, April 1 through 5, 2015 is focused on the City of Napa and American Canyon/South County. Over a dozen events kick off week one, highlights include:
Local Music & Emerging Artists Collective Collaboration
Slack Collective Studio and Gallery
964 Pearl St Suite B
Napa, CA 94559
04/01/2015 to 04/05/2015
From April 1 – 5, 2015, guests and art enthusiasts may contribute to an external mixed media community art piece (a continuing mural / art wall of sorts). Participation is open to all ages, and encouraged. Art supplies will be provided by the Collective. Guests will be greeted with live acoustic music and food and drink will be available for purchase. Visitors may peruse an exhibition of Slack Collective resident artists and the work of invited local emerging artists. Media Contact: David M. Williamson, firstname.lastname@example.org. www.facebook.com/slackcollective
Jamieson Ranch Vineyards
1 Kirkland Ranch Rd.
Napa, CA 94558
04/01/2015 to 04/09/2015
Special artists reception on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 6 p.m.
The American Canyon Arts Foundation will hold its 23rd annual Art Extravaganza, hosted by Jamieson Ranch Vineyards. This is a juried art show, with works by artists from the entire North Bay Area. The exhibit runs April 1-9, 2015. Media contact: Mark Joseph, email@example.com. www.amcanart.org
Verve Napa Valley at Oxbow Market
610 1st St.
Napa, CA 94559
04/02/2015, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
$295 per person, all-inclusive
Verve Napa Valley presents an Art and Architecture Tour specifically designed for Arts in April. T Beller, Verve’s founder, personally curates this exclusive tour of di Rosa and hosts a chef-catered lunch at a private Oakville estate with an impressive art collection. Pick up and drop is at Oxbow Public Market. Media contact: T Beller, firstname.lastname@example.org. www.vervenapavalley.com
Napa Valley Museum
55 Presidents Circle
Yountville, CA 94599
04/02/2015, 5 p.m. for museum members, 6 - 8 p.m. for general public
$10 for Napa Valley Museum Members, $20 for guests
Kick off Arts in April with the opening of Napa Valley Collects, Napa Valley Museum's annual exhibition featuring significant works from art collections throughout the Napa Valley. Enjoy an array of Napa Valley signature wines, abundant refreshments, and see what is in store for the rest of Arts in April. Curator Doreen Schmid will be available to show visitors through the exhibition. Media contact: Kristie Sheppard, email@example.com. www.napavalleymuseum.org
Gordon Huether Studio
1821 Monticello Rd.
Napa, CA 94558
04/04/2015, 1 - 3 p.m.
$50 per person, limited to 35 guests
Get your slice of the artist life on Saturday, April 4, 2015 at this afternoon “Bohemian Bash,” which includes art, photography, studio tours, an artist talk and garden tour. Listen to Napa's live MAXIMUM Jazz band and sip newly released Art House wine, and enjoy the BBQ from Ring of Fire food truck. Spontaneous stream-of-consciousness poetry welcome. Media contact: John Bonick, firstname.lastname@example.org. www.dkbphoto.com
Back Room Wines
1000 Main St, #120
Napa, CA 94559
04/04/2015, 2 - 6 p.m., with commentary at 3, 4 and 5 p.m.
Napa Valley artists Elizabeth Bush and Mark Mattioli present photography, drawings, and paintings inspired by 2014 travels in Cuba. Bush’s images printed on metal glow with luminescent color and vibrancy; Mattioli’s deftly executed Cigar Series is wonderfully whimsical, and includes original drawings and paintings. Bush will sign her book featuring compelling images of Cuban people and places. Guests will also enjoy Cuban-inspired music and appetizers, along with wines poured by proprietor Dan Dawson. Media contact: Elizabeth Bush, email@example.com. www.backroomwines.com
The Hess Collection
4411 Redwood Rd.
Napa, CA 94558
04/05/2015, 11a.m. – 2 p.m.
Complimentary general admission, $20 for VIP which includes Easter brunch-inspired light hors d'oeuvres
Enjoy a preview of Festival del Sole’s landmark tenth season, coming in July 2015. The Hess Collection, a 2015 festival event host, invites guests to take part in an afternoon of live music paired with their extraordinary wine and contemporary art collection. Take a self-guided tour of The Hess Collection Contemporary Art Museum while enjoying live music from Festival del Sole beneficiary Napa Valley Youth Symphony’s Chamber Ensemble, or delight in an intimate food, wine and music pairing in the winery’s private dining room and library while being serenaded by the Napa Youth Chamber Ensemble. Media contact: Veronika Martinez, firstname.lastname@example.org. www.festivaldelsole.org
Several of the Napa Valley’s finest lodging establishments offer special Arts in April packages. A highlight of these packages include:
- The Meritage Resort offers the “Art of Relaxation” package, which includes overnight accommodations in a guest room or suite, a bottle of sparkling wine, easels with paints and paintbrushes to use in the resort’s hillside vineyard, and two 50-minute spa treatments. The package is available through April 30, 2015 and starts at $718, for a two-night minimum, or $359 per night. Media contact: Andrew Bradley, email@example.com
- Senza presents an “Arts at Senza” overnight package, which includes the opportunity to view Senza’s new art collection, curated by owners Craig and Kathryn Hall, overnight accommodations in one of the hotel’s new luxury suites, a bottle of HALL wine and a complimentary wine tasting for two at HALL Wines. The minimum two-night package is available Sunday through Thursday only through April 30, 2015 and is $349 per night. Media contact: Lisa Heckaman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bardessono features overnight accommodations in a luxury suite, a private tour of the hotel’s rotating artwork and sculpture on display, an “art-inspired” appetizer and two beverages at Lucy Restaurant & Bar, and a map of the Yountville Art Walk. The starting rate for this package, which is available through May 1, 2015, is $685 per night. Media contact: Kini Sanborn, email@example.com
- Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer offers a "Paint 'n Sip" hotel package, featuring an overnight stay in a deluxe room, a welcome bottle of wine, easels, brushes, and paints set up in view of the Mayacamas Mountains and the vineyards. The package starts at $350 per night and includes a VIP wine tasting at HALL Wines. Media contact: Ashley Hamik, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mount View Hotel & Spa in Calistoga invites Arts in April celebrants to enter the hotel's fourth annual Arts in April Art + Photography contest for the chance to win a future stay in an Artist Winery cottage and a Hydrotherapy mud bath for two. Reserve an Artist Winery Cottage and receive an easel, canvas and paints, ready to create a masterpiece for entry. Entrants may also email photos of their artwork to email@example.com. The package price starts at $159 per night and is valid April 1 – 30, 2015. Media contact: Debbie Greene, firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete listing of Napa Valley Arts in April activities, community events and special lodging packages will be posted on March 1, 2015 at www.VisitNapaValley.com/artsinapril. To download images, follow this link.