The Perfect Napa Valley Proposal
January 1, 2015
We’ve got a list of the most decadent, mind-blowingly romantic destinations within the already ridiculously romantic Napa Valley. And what better to do at a venue that is basically love potion number 9 for all the senses? Ask the big question. Because there won’t be a more romantic time or place, and there’s no way your partner is saying no surrounded by Cabernet and these rolling Napa Valley hills.
Here is our guide on where to and how to make your proposal in Napa Valley. There are more romantic fireplaces and sweeping vineyard vistas than one could ever image, so even pulling over on the side of a road for a quick hike and spontaneous bend of the knee will result in a seriously magic moment. If you want to plan it out a bit in advance for ultimate effect, here are some sure fire ways to guarantee a ‘yes’:
1. Peju’s private tour and wine tasting at their Rutherford winery ends on an ultra private balcony with stunning views. They can help prepare a proposal with sparkling wine.
2. Stroll through the sculpture garden at Auberge du Soleil ,where their concierge can setup the perfect picnic proposal surrounded by art and vineyards where you can toast after the “Yes”. End your perfect proposal with Michelin-star lunch at Auberge du Soleil, over looking the entire Napa Valley. Tip: have them arrange for a portrait photographer to snap shots of the priceless moment hidden from view.
3. The Carneros Inn is a great romantic hotel. Get spa treatments, enjoy an excellent dinner at their restaurant Farm, sit out and enjoy the views over a bottle of wine. After a day of bliss with your loved one, nothing could go wrong.
4. Castello di Amorosa, the authentic medieval (13th-century) Italian Tuscan castle and winery nestled into the mountains of Calistoga, is the perfect place to drop one knee. They feature two proposal packages to make sure you have the perfect opportunity to get a “Yes”.
5. Request a private balloon from Napa Valley Aloft just for the two of you for the ultimate engagement-with-a-view experience. They can include sparkling wine and a photo session.